Premium Matcha tea powder – Blending grade – Matcha Latte
Matcha tea powder. This Premium Matcha – Blending grade (grade B) is a shade grown green tea made of finely ground tea leaves from the second harvest of the year in Japan. This green tea powder is very high in antioxidants, like EGCg & vitamin C. This quality is made for blending and tastes grassy, full-bodied and strong.
The necessities to make Matcha are: a bamboo whisk, a bamboo spoon, a bowl (= Matcha set) 70-80 Celsius degrees water.
- Put 2 bamboo spoon (= 1 gram) of Matcha in a bowl
- Add 1 table spoon of water
- Matcha a smooth paste with the bamboo whisk OR use a sieve
- Add 60 ml of 75-80 degrees Celcius water to the bowl
- Whisk it up for 20 sec. in a fast W-movement to get foam on top.
- Add approx. 150 ml frothed milk and enjoy your Matcha Latte!
Characteristics Premium Matcha – Hug the Tea
- Country of origin: Japan
- Harvest: 2nd flush – summer
- Certificate: organic certified
- Color: green
- Taste: grassy, strong, full-bodied
- BBD: 1 year
This green tea powder is is extremely high in antioxidants and vitamins, like catechins (EGCg) and vitamine C, because you are actually consuming the entire tea leaf. No other natural product contains more antioxidants than Matcha, so it is a real superfood! Read here more about the health benefits of Matcha!
Hug the Tea offers three different grades of Matcha from Kagoshima, Japan. Grade A, B and C. Ceremonial Matcha A is made of first flush leaves, so this is the highest quality Matcha. The Premium Matcha B is strong in taste and perfect for making Matcha Lattes (green cappuccino!) For example with soymilk or almondmilk. Matcha B is also good to drink pure and to add in other recipes. This Classic Matcha C is made of the third flush (autumn harvest) tea leaves. For cooking and baking this quality is most appropriate, because this grade C is lower in quality (less tasty for drinking) and more bitter and stronger in taste. Perfect for baking a delicious Matcha cake! Read here more about the different grades of Matcha!
There are no reviews yet.