With Matcha, the possibilities are truly endless. We already shared recipes with Matcha Latte, pancakes, no cheesecake and Matcha green iced tea. This time we made a delicious Matcha Milkshake! Are you curious? Check out the recipe here!
We chose to make Matcha Milkshake with soy milk, deliciously airy, light and skinny. At HUG THE TEA we have 3 types of Matcha: Ceremonial A – Drinking, Premium B – Blending and Classic C – Cooking grade. For this milkshake we use Premium B – Blending. This Matcha is made from the second flush of tea leaves (in the summer) and the taste is strong and a bit bitter. This quality is very suitable for Matcha Latte and therefore also for a milkshake.
- Measuring cup
- Pure Matcha powder: Premium B – Blending grade
- Sieve for the Matcha powder
- Organic soy milk or other milk, for example coconut milk
- Organic vanilla ice cream
- Any frozen fruit (from Albert Heijn)
- Optional protein powder (brand: USN Core Series 100% Premium Whey – Strawberry cream flavour)
- Ice cubes
- Add the following ingredients to the blender:
- 175 ml of soy milk
- 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 8 pieces of frozen fruit (we use pineapples so that the color of the milkshake stays green)
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- Sieve 2 bamboo spoon / small teaspoons Matcha in the blender
- Mix all this thoroughly into the blender
- Pour it into a glass with ice cubes and a straw
- Sieve any Matcha powder as a topping on the milkshake
- And enjoy it!
Tip: You can also make a healthier variant without vanilla ice cream. The protein powder, together with the soy milk, makes the milkshake deliciously airy and creamy!
Keep (or start) hugging our teas!
PURITY – TASTY – CEREMONY